Ζωτικότητα (sometimes referred to as "hit points"), indicated by the red bar, drops as damage is incurred. If the red bar reaches zero, Geralt dies. A grey screen and (very) audible heart beats warn you of dangerously low vitality.
Vitality is restored over time, very slowly though. Recover more quickly by meditating or drinking potions.
- Developing Strength is paramount here.
- Swallow accelerates its regeneration.
- White Raffard's Decoction gives an instant boost, but is highly toxic.
- Food provides 9 minutes of "weak" vitality regeneration each time an item is consumed.
Geralt's Αντοχή, indicated by the yellow bar, drops each time he uses a sign. He can not cast signs when his endurance is too low. In fistfights, blocking also siphons Geralt's endurance; reaching zero, Geralt can not block.
Endurance is restored over time. Use potions to help with its regeneration.
- Developing Stamina is the basic strategy.
- Tawny Owl accelerates its regeneration.
- Maribor Forest significantly increases its maximum level.
- Non-alcoholic beverages give 9 minutes of slightly accelerated endurance regeneration each.
Τοξικότητα, indicated by the green bar, increases with each potion consumed. Excessive toxicity adversely affects Geralt's abilities and may even lead to his demise. When toxicity is reaching a dangerous level, "red sparkles" (blood) begin to appear in the field of view, like Geralt is beginning to hallucinate. This is generally a very good indication that it is time to detox.
Toxicity is reduced over time, very gradually though.
- Meditation detoxifies completely, usually an hour is sufficient, except for drunkenness, which can take several hours to "cure" see Wives' Tears for an instant cure.
- White Honey also detoxifies, but removes all current potion effects as well!
- Ritual of Purification removes all current potion effects.
- The Level 5 Stamina attribute Potion Tolerance is also helpful.